It's that time of year again. Each January, 1 in 5 of us will make getting fit a New Year's Resolution. Unfortunately, by February, many of our resolves are usually starting to crumble, but let's make 2021 different!
A New Year for many people usually means hitting the gym. But this year, with the pandemic, it may well be very different. How about getting Fit for February without needing to set foot in a gym?
Additionally, most New Year’s workout resolutions are seen as chores, and aren’t realistic enough. Exercising outdoors can be so beneficial for us all.
Here are some ideas on ways to get fit and help support the charity too by getting sponsored to do a challenge or maybe make a donation yourself of some the funds that you would have spent joining the gym. Time to get fit for February by running off Christmas!
- Plan a series of exercises to do a few times a week: from press ups, burpees and sit ups to wall sits, it all helps.
- Aim to walk 10,000 steps a day every day in January.
- Start a couch to 5k training programme.
- How about doing a hike or going out on your bike a couple of times a week.
- Why not invite a friend to a fibit challenge.
- Get more active as a family and take on a challenge together.
- Run (or walk) a mile a day for every day in January.
The more fun you make it, the easier it will be to stick to. To sign up for free and to set up your own fundraising page for Get Fit for February, you can do so here. The challenges can be big or small - we would love to hear about them all.
All those that participate and set up a fundraising page will receive a certificate when they close their fundraising page. We would love you to join us in helping to make a difference for children fighting cancer today.